Here is a yummilicious cheesy bake.....
So tasty yet so simple to prepare....
- SWEET CORN -1 CUP
- BELL PEPPER(RED) JULIENNES (1/2 CUP)
- PARSLEY -1 TABLESPOON(FINELY CHOPPED)
- FULL FAT MILK -1/4 LITER
- BUTTER-1 TABLESPOON
- FLOUR (MAIDA) -1 TABLESPOON
- GRATED CHEDDAR CHEESE -1 1/4 CUP
- OREGANO-1/4 TEASPOON
- WHITE PEPPER POWDER AND SALT TO TASTE
- Boil the corn with a little salt .Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a heavy bottomed pan .Wait till it just melts.
- Now add the flour and fry it well.
- Add the milk little by little,stirring continuously and cook over low heat .Take care that no lumps are formed.
- Cook till it is smooth and coats on the back of your ladle.
- Add salt and white pepper to taste.
- Your white sauce,the base for many a baked dishes -is now ready.
- Add half of the cheese ,boiled corn ,oregano and parsley to the sauce. Mix well.
- Grease a baking dish with a little butter.
- Pour the mixture into the dish.Top it with juliennes of bell pepper and the rest of the cheese.
- Dot it with a little butter.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 300 degrees F. till it just starts browning (approximately 15 -20 minutes)
- Serve hot with toasted bread and tomato sauce.