Here is a simple Potato side dish which needs minimum ingredients and can be prepared in a jiffy with absolutely no fuss....
And mind you...it is a healthy ,low fat dish too!
Though there are many Potato curries ,this one is my all time favorite...
- POTATOES-1/2 Kg
- GREEN CHILLY- 3 - 4
- GRATED COCONUT -1/2 Cup
- MUSTARD SEEDS -1/4 Tsp
- URAD DHAL -1 Tsp
- OIL -3 Tsps
- CURRY LEAVES -Few
- SALT TO TASTE
- Wash and clean the potatoes.Cut into halves or quarters depending on their size.
- Pressure cook till just done.
- Peel the potatoes and crumble them coarsely.
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Fry the mustard seeds and urad dhal.
- Saute the chopped green chillies.
- Now add the crumbled potatoes and salt to taste.
- Stir well and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the grated coconut .Stir well.
- Add the curry leaves and garnish the dish.
- Serve hot with hot rice,sambar,rasam or curd rice.
# If you wish,you can season the dish with a broad pinch of asafoetida or a teaspoon of lime juice.