Here is a protein rich snack spiked with the goodness of greens...
A welcome snack on a chilly evening...
- URAD DHAL-1 CUP
- CHANNA DHAL-1/4 CUP
- CHOPPED ONION-1/2 CUP
- CHOPPED AMARANTHUS LEAVES(MULAI KEERAI)-1 CUP
- RICE FLOUR-1/4 CUP
- GREEN CHILLIES-4-6
- PEPPER-1 TEASPOON
- SALT TO TASTE
- OIL FOR FRYING
- Soak the dhals together for 2 hours.
- Drain and wash them well.
- Grind them to a slightly coarse paste with enough water.
- Mix in the rice flour.
- Mix in the onions,chopped chillies and finely chopped greens and salt to taste.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan/kadai.
- Take a lemon sized ball of the dough in your wet hands and flatten it slightly and make a hole in the center with your index finger.
- Slide this into the hot oil .Fry well flipping once one side is done and fry till the other side is done well too.Take care that the oil is not smoking hot.
- Drain well golden brown.
- Repeat the same process with the rest of the batter.
- Serve the hot vadais with coconut chutney or sambar.