Here is a quick and easy meal in a dish that is an all time favorite for the young and old alike...
Just a handful on tomatoes and onions help you dish out this tasty dish in a matter of minutes...
- RICE -1 CUP
- MOONG DHAL-1 TABLESPOON
- TOMATO JUICE -1 CUP
- CHOPPED ONION-1
- CHOPPED TOMATO -1
- RED CHILLY POWDER -1 TEASPOON
- TURMERIC POWDER -1/4 TEASPOON
- GARAM MASALA POWDER-1/2 TEASPOON
- CUMIN SEEDS-1 TEASPOON
- CORIANDER LEAVES -LITTLE
- OIL-2 TABLE SPOONS
- SALT TO TASTE
- Clean,wash and soak the rice for 10 minutes.
- In the mean while,heat the oil in a pressure pan.
- Fry the cumin seeds,onions and tomato pieces.
- Add the moong dhal.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of water.
- Add the powders and salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Now add the soaked and drained rice.
- Cover the pressure pan with its lid and let it pressure cook for 4 -5 whistles.
- Switch off .
- Open when the pressure subsides.
- Fluff up with a fork and garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Serve with any raitha or just papads or potato wafers.