Here is a rice with a twist.... A tasty and flavorful ,aromatic rice with a difference....
- BASMATI RICE -1 CUP
- BAY LEAF -2
- RAISINS -1 TABLESPOON
- POMEGRANATE - 1/2 CUP
- WALNUTS -FEW
- KESAR -FEW STRANDS
- MILK - I TABLESPOON
- GHEE - 2 TABLESPOONS
- WHITE PEPPER POWDER - TO TASTE
- SALT TO TASTE
- Cook the rice with enough water . Drain. Let it cool in a broad dish.
- Heat the ghee in a pan.
- Fry the bay leaves, raisins and pomegranate for a few minutes till they become slightly soft.
- Add the white pepper powder and salt to taste.
- Now add this mixture to the rice and stir gently.
- Dissolve the saffron in warm milk and sprinkle it all over the rice.
- Keep covered for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot with any spicy curry or side dish.
- As it is a bland and fruity dish ,children love it and it is a hit in children's parties and is a great tasty and nourishing lunchbox recipe too.