When the mood is celebration.....
the best dishes decorate your dining table....
and this one is surely a fitting crown jewel for
your banquet spread.....
- BASMATI RICE-2 CUPS
- GREEN PEAS-1/2 CUP
- GREEN CHILLIES-3
- MILK-1/2 CUP
- SAFFRON -1 PINCH
- CINNAMON-1 SMALL STICK
- CASHEW NUTS-10-15
- GHEE-1/2 CUP
- SALT TO TASTE
- CORIANDER AND MINT LEAVES-FEW
- Clean and soak basmati rice for 15 minutes.
- Dissolve saffron in warm milk.
- Cook the green peas till done with enough salt and a pinch of sugar.Drain.
- Chop onions into fine strips.
- Heat the ghee .Fry the cashew nuts. Drain and keep aside.
- Fry a teaspoon of onions till they become reddish.Drain and keep aside.
- Fry the spices ,slit chillies,onions ,peas and rice.
- Add 4 cups of water and salt to taste.
- Cook till the rice is almost done.
- Now add the saffron milk. Cook till the fluids are absorbed.
- Decorate with fried cashew nuts,fried onions and chopped mint and coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with any tasty side dish (dry or curry) and raitha.