Here is a simple,healthy and tasty meal in a dish....
- BROKEN WHEAT(WHEAT RAWA)-2 CUPS
- MOONG DHAL-1 TABLESPOON
- CHOPPED ONIONS-2
- GREEN PEAS-1 TABLESPOON
- GREEN CHILLIES-4-6
- OIL-2 TABLESPOONS
- MUSTARD SEEDS-1/4 TEASPOON
- URAD DHAL-1/2 TEASPOON
- CHANNA DHAL-1/2 TEASPOON
- ASAFOETIDA POWDER- 1 BROAD PINCH
- SALT TO TASTE
- CURRY LEAVES-A FEW
- Heat the oil in a pressure pan,
- Fry the mustard seeds,urad and channa dhals.
- Now ,add the chopped chillies,onions and green peas.Fry for a minute.
- Then add the wheat rawa and moong dhal and fry for a few seconds.
- Add 4 cups of water and salt to taste.
- Pressure cook till done (4-5 whistles)
- Open the pressure pan.
- Add the asafoetida powder.
- Mash lightly.
- Garnish with curry leaves.
#This is a healthy food suited for all-It is specially suited for the elderly ,little children and diabetics .
#Serve hot with any chutney ,sambar or even curd raithas.
#This dish is good for breakfast or dinner-In short,it is a meal in a dish.
# you can make it tastier and healthier by adding more vegetables or spinach too.
Linked to http://haffaskitchen.blogspot.in/2014/08/my-1st-event-announcement-back-to-school.html