A scrumptious bhatura with a liberal helping of Chole....
That's the ultimate comfort food for any Indian.....
- FLOUR (Maida) -2 cups
- SOUR CURD -1 cup
- SODA BICARBONATE - 1/4 teaspoon
- SALT TO TASTE
- OIL FOR FRYING
- Mix together the salt,soda bicarbonate and the curd well.
- Add a teaspoon of oil to it and mix well.
- Now add it to the flour little by little and make a soft dough.
- If needed,you can add more curd or water to make the dough.
- Keep the dough in a basin and cover it with a damp towel.
- Keep it in a warm place for 4-6 hours ,preferably in a place where there is hot sunlight.
- Now the dough would have risen well.
- Make lime sized balls out of the dough and roll them out into pound/oval shaped puris that are fairly thick.(you can dust some plain flour to roll them out)
- Fry them in a pan filled with hot oil till they rise well and are done .
- Serve with hot chole/Channa Masala