Here is a healthy flavorful Thuvayal....(a chutney meant to be mixed with rice )....
- MINT LEAVES(pudina) -1 BUNCH
- CORIANDER LEAVES -1 SMALL BUNCH
- DRY RED CHILLIES-5-6
- GRATED COCONUT-1 CUP
- URAD DHAL-2 TABLESPOONS
- TAMARIND-1 SMALL PIECE
- OIL-1 TEASPOON
- SALT TO TASTE
- Wash and clean the leaves (mint and coriander)
- Heat oil in a pan. Roast the dhal and red chillies.
- Add the leaves and fry lightly for 10 seconds.
- Add the coconut and salt to taste. Mix well.
- Grind in a mixie to a slightly coarse paste,adding very little water only if you need.
- Serve with hot rice ,ghee and fried appalams.
- You can also have it with curd rice or puris, rotis ,dosas etc.