This is the first weekend of the year...
It calls for some really delicious food....
And I opted for my all time favorite...
Stuffed Capsicums simmered in rich tomato gravy....
- FIRM CAPSICUMS-3
- GARLIC-8 CLOVES
- PANEER-1 CUP
- CASHEW NUTS-1/2 CUP
- GREEN CHILLY-1-2
- CUMIN POWDER-1 TEASPOON
- GARAM MASALA POWDER-1 TEASPOON
- CHILLI POWDER-1 TEASPOON
- SALT TO TASTE
- OIL FOR FRYING-3 TABLESPOONS
- CORIANDER LEAVES-FEW
(FOR THE GRAVY)
- Chop the tomatoes, 1 onions and garlic to pieces.
- Soak 1/2 of the cashew nuts.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Fry the garlic,onions and tomatoes till they are mushy and well cooked.Cool.
- Grind together the cooked mixture and cashew nuts to a smooth paste.
- Heat a little oil.Fry this paste for a few minutes.
- Add the cumin powder,garam masala powder,chilly powder and salt to taste.
- Simmer till slightly thick.
- Keep it aside.
(FOR THE STUFFED CAPSICUMS)
- Remove the stalks and the seeds from the capsicums by making a neat cut on the upper side of the capsicum.
- Rub their insides with a little salt.Keep aside for a few minutes.
- Drain the moisture.
- Grate /crumble the paneer into fine bits.
- Mix well 1 chopped onion, finely cut green chillies, broken cashew nuts, paneer and cooked and mashed potatoes.Add salt to taste.
- Slightly roast the capsicum with a little oil on a hot pan,turning them gently so they do not loose shape or color.
- Fill them tightly with the potato - paneer mixture.
- Gently immerse them into the hot ,simmering tomato gravy.
- Cook for 5-8 minutes moving them lightly at regular intervals.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with rotis and pulavs of your choice .