Channa dhal has a very low Glyceamic index,hence it is very helpful in controlling your blood sugar.
A helping of Channa dhal sundal- which is regularly prepared during Navaratri days and other festivals is a fantastic source of protein and very low in fat too.
Preparing this sundal is also very simple and the ingredients are always available in your kitchen.
- CHANNA DHAL-2 CUPS
- GRATED COCONUT-1 CUP
- DRY RED CHILLIES-3
- GREEN CHILLY-2
- MUSTARD SEEDS-1/2 TEASPOON
- ASAFOETIDA POWDER-FEW PINCHES
- TURMERIC POWDER -1/4 TEASPOON
- OIL-2 TEASPOON
- CURRY LEAVES-FEW
- SALT TO TASTE
- Wash and soak the channa dhal for an hour.
- Boil the dhal with a little salt and turmeric till the dhal is done.
- Heat the oil in a kadai.
- Splutter the mustard seeds,broken red chillies,chopped green chillies .
- Add the boiled dhal,a little salt to taste and grated coconut.Mix well.
- Season with curry leaves.
- Serve hot .