Here is a healthy vegetable curry made with finely cut tender and juicy banana stem which is low in calories and high in fiber...
It is very good for kidney stones and digestive problems too...
- FINELY CUT BANANA STEM- 2 CUPS
- GRATED COCONUT- 1 TABLESPOON
- DRY RED CHILLIES- 3
- MOONG DAL- 1 TABLESPPON(Soaked for 10 mins)
- GREEN CHILLY- 1
- CURRY LEAVES-FEW
- MUSTARD SEEDS-1/4 TEASPOON
- URAD DAL -1/2 TEASPOON
- SALT TO TASTE
- OIL-2 TEASPOONS
- Chop the banana stem into tiny pieces.Soak them in water.Stir them well with a fork .The excessive fiber from the banana stem will be easily removed in this fashion.
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Splutter the mustard seeds,fry the chillies and urad dhal.
- Now add the banana stem and stir well.
- Add the soaked Moong dal.
- Add a cup of water and salt to taste.
- Boil well till the water evaporates or till the stem and the moong dal is well cooked .
- Garnish with grated coconut and curry leaves .
- Serve hot with rice and curry/sambar of your choice.