Here are some delectable ,melt in your mouth Thayir Vadais/Dahi Vadas...So easy to prepare ....A perfect snack for a hot Indian afternoon....
- CURD-1 LITER
- URAD DHAL-200 GRAMS
- GREEN CHILLIES-3
- GRATED COCONUT-3 TEASPOONS
- SUGAR-1 TEASPOON
- MUSTARD SEEDS-1/2 TEASPOON
- OIL FOR FRYING
- CURRY LEAVES-FEW
- CORIANDER LEAVES-FEW
- ASAFOETIDA POWDER-2 - 4 PINCHES
- CHILLI POWDER- A FEW PINCHES
- SALT TO TASTE
- BOONDHI-100 GRAMS
- Soak the urad dhal for 3 hours.Drain .Grind with enough water to a smooth paste.Make sure the batter is not too watery.
- Add a little salt.Mix well.
- Beat the curd with enough salt ,sugar and asafoetida powder.
- Grind the coconut and chillies coarsely with a little water .
- Mix well with the curd.
- Season with spluttered mustard seeds.
- Heat the oil.
- Drop small blobs of the batter in hot oil .Fry till golden brown.(You can even fry doughnut shaped vadas.)
- Drop the vadas in curd.
- Soak well one by one.
- Drain from curd and set in a platter.
- Garnish with crisp boondhis ,curry leaves ,coriander leaves and a pinch of chilly powder.
- You can also garnish them with a little grated coconut and /or grated carrots.
- Serve chilled.