Here is your ultimate comfort food...straight from your Mom's kitchen....
Loaded with the goodness of carrots and spiked with a dash of green peas....
Perfect for your packed lunch or a quick meal ...
- BASMATI RICE -2 CUPS
- ONION- 2
- GRATED CARROT-2 CUPS
- GREEN PEAS (shelled) -1 CUP
- GARLIC-4 CLOVES
- GREEN CHILLIES-4
- CUMIN SEEDS- 1/2 TEASPOON
- BAY LEAVES -2
- CINNAMON -2 SMALL STICKS
- OIL -2 TABLESPOON
- CASHEW NUTS -8 to 10
- CORIANDER LEAVES -FEW
- SALT TO TASTE
- Soak the rice for 10 minutes.Drain keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a pressure pan.
- Fry the spices.
- Add the chopped green chillies ,garlic and chopped onions.
- Fry for a few minutes.
- Now ,add the grated carrots,green peas(shelled).Fry for a minute.
- Add the drained rice and stir well.
- Add 4 cups of water and salt to taste.
- Bring to a boil in a pressure pan.
- Close the lid and place the weight.
- Cook for 4 whistles.
- Open the cooker after the pressure subsides.
- Fluff up the rice.
- Garnish with fried cashews and coriander leaves.
- Serve with any dhal or gravy of your choice.
- Even a simple raitha and chips will be fine.