Here is a dosa with a different twist...
Really soft and aromatic...these dosas are a winner in any meal!!!
- PARBOILED RICE (IDLI RICE) -1 CUP
- RAW RICE -1 CUP
- RICE FLAKES -1/2 CUP
- URAD DHAL (deskinned)-1 TABLESPOON
- GRATED COCONUT -1 CUP
- SALT TO TASTE
- SODA BICARBONATE-1/4 TEASPOON
- OIL FOR MAKING DOSAS
- Soak both the rice varieties ,rice flakes and deskinned urad dhal for 4 -5 hours.
- Clean.Grind to a smooth batter along with the grated coconut.
- Add the salt.Mix well.
- Let it ferment for 6-10 hours.
- Now the fermented batter is ready for making dosas.
- Add little water and beat the batter well till is reaches a pouring consistency.
- Now mix in the soda bicarbonate and let it froth in a few minutes.
- Heat a dosa tawa. Take a ladle full of batter and make a thin dosa.
- Drizzle little oil.
- Cook covered with a lid .cook one side only till done.
- Serve hot with chutney ,sambar or any other suitable side dish.