Khandvis are mildly spiced and slightly sour rolls made of
gram flour and sour butter milk.
It is a great tasting Gujarati snack....
Try it once and you will fall in love with it...
- GRAM FLOUR -1 CUP
- SOUR BUTTER MILK -3 CUPS
- GREEN CHILLI PASTE - 1 TEASPOON
- ASAFOETIDA - 2 PINCHES
- TURMERIC POWDER - 4 PINCHES
- SALT TO TASTE
- OIL -2 TEASPOONS
- MUSTARD SEEDS - 1/2 TEASPOON
- CURRY LEAVES -FEW
- GREEN CHILLIES -2
- Mix the gramflour, chilli paste, asafoetida ,turmeric powder and salt to taste with the butter milk.
- Beat till it is smooth and lump free.
- Heat the mixture in a heavy bottomed pan(preferably nonstick pan) till it thickens and forms a lump..
- Now pour ladle fulls of this mixture into individual ,oiled smooth plates (reverse side of the plate ) and spread the mixture to a thin layer.
- Let it cool for a few minutes.
- Now,roll the layer into tight rolls and cut these rolls into 1 - 1 1/2 inch rolls.
- Arrange in a plate.
- Garnish with mustard seeds and curry leaves spluttered in oil.
- Serve with green chutney.
- You can also garnish it with a little freshly grated coconut, if you wish.